Friday, November 23, 2012

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Raw Foods




     What are your favorite raw foods? In my house we love fresh fruits and veggies, and we have a counter full of them to prove our love! Fresh produce can be pretty expensive, especially organic, but it is worth it for the health of myself and my family. The Lord has blessed me with the ability to find good, and sometimes great, deals. I thank Him all the time for the blessings that He has given my family. He lead me to a place called Produce Terminal where I can buy fresh fruits and veggies in bulk. Sometimes they have something organic but not usually. I buy organic when I can and thank God for providing this food for us, organic or not. Buying in bulk is not for everyone I know but there are 5 very hungry people in my house and this works out perfectly for us. We can go through a case each of apples, oranges, lettuce, tomatoes, pineapple or cantaloupe, and a small box of cucumbers in 1 1/2 weeks. Did I mention bananas? We eat 40-80 pounds in that same 1 1/2 weeks! Who knows how much we would spend on groceries if God had not lead us to Produce Terminal. God knows but I am kind of glad that I don't know, as it would probably put my husband into shock.


     This is not all that we eat. We love spinach, bell peppers, avocados, limes, lemons, zucchini, sweet onions, sweet potatoes, pears, cauliflower, broccoli, beets, cabbage, carrots and celery. No one in our house is a very picky eater when it comes to fresh fruits, veggies, dried fruits, nuts and seeds. Now if we are eating out somewhere or at someones house this changes. One of the younger kids whisper in my ear, "Mom, I don't like that dip, cake, cookie, etc. Do I have to eat it?" I tell them that no they do not have to eat it, even as I am standing there feeling so happy and grateful that, not only are my children making better food choices, but more importantly that they are not developing a taste for many of the foods out there that are so very harmful for them.


     Don't misunderstand me, they are not perfect and they still like some of the foods that are not good for them, but they are on a journey, too. We are all on a journey, each and everyone of us. Where God is leading us I don't know but that is ok, I don't have to know where the road will end because I know Him. Where are you at on your journey? Are you on a smooth part of your journey or in the middle of a rough patch? My prayer for you is that you will feel Gods presence no matter where you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment