Thursday, November 29, 2012

Raw Zucchini Curry

     Tonight I really wanted some curry. I mean really wanted some curry! We were driving home and we were very hungry. I was talking about what I wanted for supper and I just could not get this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, that I had not made for probably 3 years, out of my mind. It was the only thing that sounded good and boy did it sound good! The problem, how to make it raw?


     I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but it turned out amazing! I julienned some zucchini, thawed some frozen peas, made some coconut butter (for the first time I must say!) and made a very yummy curry in the vita-mix. Oh, my, goodness!!! I am without words, well almost. (*smile*) I am the type of person that does not like to measure ingredients, so although I can give you an ingredient list I can not give you exact amounts. This is close to the amounts that I used. My husbands only complaint was that there was not more of it! What is one of your favorite non-raw recipes that you have turned, or want to turn, into a raw dish? I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!




Raw Zucchini Curry


  • 12 small zucchini, juilienned without seeds & cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces
  • 1 lb. peas, fresh or frozen that have been thawed
Toss together in a bowl.



Coconut Butter


  • 4-6 cups coconut, shredded & unsweetened
Put into food processor and blend for about 5 minutes, until it turns into a lovely coconut butter.




Curry


  • around 8-10 roma tomatoes
  • 1 yellow bell pepper
  • about 1/4 of medium sized sweet onion
  • garlic, 2 cloves
  • fresh ginger, about thumb size
  • mild curry powder, around 1-2 Tbs. or to taste
  • garam masala, 1-2 Tbs. or to taste
  • 1/4-1/2 cup coconut butter, or to taste
  • pinch of salt

Blend well in a Vita-Mix, or other high speed blender, and adjust seasonings accordingly.
Mix with the zucchini and peas right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment