Monday, November 26, 2012

Raw Cereal Happiness!



     I was so excited when I found out that I could have cereal again! I have not had store bought cereal for probably 5 years now. I did make a grape nuts type cereal from scratch about 4 years ago and we all really loved it. We now know that a couple of us really need to avoid eating gluten, says the woman with a bunch of wheat berries in the house (*smile*). I know that I drive my husband crazy but he loves me anyway!


     I thought that when we started eating raw that there was no chance that I would get to eat cereal again. But here I am, eating cereal and loving it! The first recipe that I saw for raw cereal was in Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People by Jennifer Cornbleet. The kids loved it! I decided that I could make a yummy raw cereal without using the food processor. This made me even happier! This cereal is amazingly easy and oh so very yummy! What is one of your favorite meals that you thought you would have to give up in order to eat raw?


My Favorite Breakfast Cereal


  • 1 banana, quartered & sliced
  • ¼ cup raisins or currants, or more
  • ¼ cup coconut, or more & unsweetened
  • ¼ cup pecan pieces, or more
  • Optional: walnuts, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc., let you imagination go wild!


     Put everything in a bowl and cover with almond mylk, sesame mylk or whatever your favorite mylk is and enjoy.





Monday's words of inspiration:

quotediaryofficial:

Help yourself and others…

No comments:

Post a Comment