Monday, November 19, 2012

Going Raw! The Begining

     Going raw started rather gradually for me. When I first started eating more raw food it was because I was trying to cut down on my calories and salads seemed like the way to go. Then I read The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose and the way that I looked at food started changing. See I have dieted off and on since I was 15 years old and I have been on more diets then I can remember. I have been studying natural healing and the relationship between what we eat and our health for about 12 years now. This was not the first time that I had read about eating being good for your health but this was the first time that it really clicked. The reason that it clicked now and not before is because of where I am in my life right now and what I have learned in the years the lay between the first time that I read it and this time. God is so good to give us exactly what we need, exactly when we need it! He knew that I was not ready for this information before and so He gave it to me again.


     The next book that really floored me was Why Christians Get Sick by Rev. George Malkmus. I had been telling my husband that I really wanted to know what God had to say about how I should eat and that I wished that of all the books out there about health and nutrition that there was one written by a christian from a Biblical perspective. I found this book on Amazon after hearing about George Malkmus from my mom and bought it right away, along with a few other books :). I started reading it as soon as it came in the mail and it blew me away! Here is the book that I had been telling my husband that I was wanting someone to write and it had been out there for several years before I heard about it. His beliefs are based in scripture and they resonated in me. Why had I not seen this before? I had certainly read these scriptures many times but they had never spoken to me like this before. Wow! God really used this book to open my eyes and change my life.


    I have read several books since reading Why Christians Get Sick and I have learned that there are a lot of books and movies out there about eating raw that I never knew about. Here is a list of my top 5 favorite books on the benefits of eating raw:

  
   1.  Why Christians Get Sick
   2.  The Hallelujah Diet
   3.  The Raw Food Detox Diet
   4.  12 Steps to Raw Food
   5.  Fresh! The Ultimate Live Food Cookbook


     I hope to get a list up of my favorite raw foods cookbooks soon. I found it a little challenging at first to find raw foods cookbooks that were user friendly to a beginning raw foods person like myself but I found some good one that I will share with you later. For now I will tell you what I had for supper tonight. Hope you don't mind not having quantities but this salad is an exercise in simplicity and very yummy, too! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did! Blessings!



Green Pear Salad
  • Romaine Lettuce, sliced
  • Onion, sweet, thinly sliced
  • Pear, thinly sliced
  • Macadamia nuts, ground to medium consistency
Plate salad and dress with Creamy Citrus Hemp Seed Dressing. Yummy!




     




No comments:

Post a Comment