Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Detox Is Not Fun

     I have eaten a lot of things that I shouldn't have in my life and now my body is going through a major detox. I have not been an alcoholic or a drug addict, so I don't know what it is like to detox from them, but I have been a food addict and detoxing from a food addiction is defiantly not fun. For me it is kind of like feeling sick most of the time. There are days that I feel very good and then there are the other days, the days that I feel like blaaa all day long. These days are not fun but they keep coming back for repeat visits. I have to keep reminding myself that my body is detoxing and that is why I feel so bad. This is the path that God has put me on and I need to learn all that He has for me to learn so that I don't have to go through this particular lesson again. I will praise Him in my circumstance!


     Don't tell anyone but I ate cooked food today! Just kidding, you can tell anyone you want. Hehe! My hubby and I had a chance to have a lunch dated at a mexican restaurant and I just couldn't pass up the chance for some quality time with him. He works a half hour from home and we don't the chance to meet for lunch very often. We had a great time but now I feel really bloated. I was really looking forward to a nice salad for supper and I was not disappointed! This is an all time favorite meal at our house! Yummy!


Chopped Salad
  • 2 large heads of romaine, chopped finely
  • 1 large sweet onion, diced
  • 1 large yellow pepper, diced
  • 5 stalks of celery, diced
  • 5-6 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 5 avocado, diced
  • 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
  • juice of 3 lemons or limes
  • splash of evoo, about 1/4 cup
  • celtic sea salt & fresh ground pepper
Mix everything in a very large bowl and enjoy all by yourself before anyone gets home with your family! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment