Saturday, November 17, 2012

Here I Go Again!

     I tried blogging before but it did not last very long. My life is very different now then it was then and I am feeling the pull to blog again, so here I go! For the last 6 months I have been gradually going more and more raw. If you had asked me a year ago if I ever thought that I would be eating raw and liking it I would have said "NO!" I mean I have always liked a good salad but come on, give me a break. Who would ever want to give up hot soup, grilled chicken, roasted veggies and yummy desserts? Well, here I am, eating raw and loving it! 

     It is still hard for me to not eat all those delicious smelling dishes that everyone brings to pot lucks and parties. I usually eat some cooked foods at a get together or when we go out to eat but I always feel bad later. It seems to take me 2 to 4 days to start feeling better but then before you know it we have another get together and it starts all over again. I feel bad about not eating anything and everything smells good! I know that I over think things but that is the way that God made me, not to worry about everything but to study it. 


     Most days I eat between 80% and 99% raw. I don't like to say 100% because I am not totally sure about some of my nuts or about how high the temperature was when the dried fruit was dried. I do the best that I can and ask God to bless my food and to give me wisdom about what to eat. I am not good about writing but with God's help I am going to try and be faithful about blogging. Maybe no one will read this blog but I am doing it because this is what I feel lead by God to do right now. 


     Here is a recipe that I found over at healthycrush.com. We tried it last night and it was supper yummy! I made a slaw with grated carrots, grated beets, finely chopped cabbage, diced bell pepper, diced celery and diced apple. I poured the dressing over the top and tossed well. The whole family enjoyed it!



 
 Original recipe and picture link: http://healthycrush.com/citrus-hemp-dressing/



Creamy Citrus Hemp Seed Dressing

  • 3 lemons, juice of
  • 3 oranges, juice of
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1/2 c. hemp seeds (the hearts)
  • a pinch of celtic sea salt


Blend well in a blender and enjoy!








    

No comments:

Post a Comment