Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cheesy Chili Kale Chips

    
     I just made my fist, second and soon to be third batches of Cheesy Chili Kale Chips. Yummy! Amber Shea Crawley has a cookbook out called Practically Raw that I really like and highly recommend. She has a second cookbook coming out soon called Practically Raw Desserts that can hardly wait to get. Amber has an entire chapter on kale chips, how awesome is that! Her recipe for Cheesy Chili Kale Chips is amazing. I see a lot of kale chips in my future.


     Have you seen the raw kale chips at the health food store? I am glad to see raw foods hitting the shelves of the health food store but I definitely not afford what they are charging. The raw kale chips are $8 to $10 a package, a very small package at that, and at that cost I could make 5 to 10 times as much myself. I know that dehydrates are pricey but they really do pay for themselves if you use them.


     I used to cook all the time but since I have been preparing mostly raw foods I have really gotten out of the habit. As a result of this the last few times that I have cooked something I have ended up burning it. Maybe God is trying to tell me that I should stick to raw foods of maybe I have just gotten spoiled to the fact that I don't have to wait for anything to cook to eat it or if it's something like kale chips I can just stick it in the dehydrator and forget about it. These are a couple of many great things about eating raw.


     I would love to give you her recipe but I do not have permission. So until you get your hands on her book yourself here is a link to her website and her recipe for Pizza Kale Chips. I am going to be making them very soon! Let me know what you think about them or what your favorite kale chip recipe is. Hope you all a very blessed and kale filled day! : )



   Practically Raw: Flexible Raw Recipes Anyone Can Make      Practically Raw Desserts: Flexible Recipes for All-Natural Sweets and Treats







Words of inspiration:







No comments:

Post a Comment