Monday, December 3, 2012

Vitamix



     The Vitamix is my favorite blender! It is very powerful and one of my favorite kitchen machines. The Vitamix is not merely a kitchen appliance it is a machine, a true workhorse. When I think back to the appliances that I used to own and then compare them to the ones that I have now I realize that I am a very spoiled lady! And very glad to be one, too. *smile* 


     The Vitamix can handle anything that you throw at it. I have made nut butters, ground wheat, whipped cream, sorbet, hummus, nut mylk, seed mylk, hot soup, creamy soup, green smoothies and the best fruit smoothies that you have ever had. You can make many more wonderful creations with the Vitamix then what I have mentioned here. It was one of the best investments that we ever made. We got the reconditioned one and it has worked out great. It has more than paid for itself in the 8 years since we bought it. 


     Just drop the food into it and turn it on. It is almost as simple as that. I have burnt out blenders before and one of the things that I love about the Vitamix is the fact that if you do overwork it it automatically shuts off and does not turn back on until it has cooled off. And I have overworked it. Like I said, I have used it a hundreds of times maybe even thousands. I am in the kitchen a lot and of all of my kitchen tools, my Vitamix and my Cutco knives are my favorites. They are the ones that I use every day.


     I appreciate all of the lovely kitchen tools that my sweet husband has bought for me, and all of the ones that he doesn't know that he bought for me. He knows that I have a lot of tools but as long as I use them all to prepare food for all of us he is ok with it. Although he would prefer it if I stopped buying new ones. What can I say? I keep finding new little gadgets to make preparing food more fun and interesting. At least the tools that I find now days are smaller, less expensive and I am finding them less often. That is what happens when you have already bought just about everything that you could possibly ever want! I am still finding books that I want though and I think of them as tools, also. They provide me with much inspiration in the kitchen. 


     One day soon I will post a list of my favorite raw foods cookbooks. Blogging is still new to me but I will get around to putting all of my favorites lists on here. Until then, if you have a specific question please feel free to ask me in the comment section. What are your favorite kitchen appliances and living foods cookbooks?



Certified Reconditioned








No comments:

Post a Comment