Thursday, December 6, 2012

Raw Stir Fry Salad

    

     The other night I fixed a salad for supper. Now you might be thinking, what is so special about a salad? Oh my! This was no ordinary salad my friend. This was amazing, it took us back to stir fry but stayed healthy! It started out as a simple, ordinary salad and turned into so much more. The salad was simply chopped lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweet onion, celery, grated carrot and zucchini. But the dressing put it over the top. I started out by juicing 5 limes and to that I added some toasted sesame seed oil, soy sauce, coconut amino acids, lots of fresh ginger, fresh garlic, dijon mustard, olive oil, sesame seeds and water. I blended it all in my vita mix, spooned some salad into my bowl, poured some of this amazing dressing over it and topped it with some wakame. Everyone in the house loved it!


     Maybe I will get around to measuring out this lovely dressing and maybe I won't, but I want to encourage you to experiment with your food. This salad came about because one of our favorite restaurants was Sho-Gun, a Japanese Hibachi Grill, and we still miss the amazing flavors that are in their stir fried rice, veggies and chicken. They have a wonderful ginger dressing, a yummy mustard dipping sauce and they put all of this soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and mustard sauce into their rice. These are the ingredients that inspired this dressing and yummy sushi inspired the wakame topping. Everything blended together into perfect harmony. What have you made lately that turned out amazing?



Today's words of inspiration:

 




No comments:

Post a Comment