Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!



     I hope that everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We had a wonderful and yet sad Christmas this year. In the 2 weeks leading up to Christmas we lost my aunt, mother-in-law and 2 very dear family pets. This has been the saddest Christmas that I have ever had but at the same time it has made me take a good look at what Christmas really means, and that is a good thing.


     I have found that the meaning of Christmas has become a bit muddled, even in our home. Don't get m wrong, we do know what the real meaning of Christmas is but we are still getting too caught up in the worlds meaning of Christmas and Santa Clause. I want this to change in our home.


     What does this have to do with eating raw food you may be asking? I started out celebrating Christmas more like I feel that we should be celebrating it but somewhere along the way I got off track. See, I was not looking out for detours or side roads and I should have been. As soon as I start taking for granted that I am on the right path I get arrogant and take my eyes off of the road. This is where the trouble begins, whither it be celebrating Christmas, serving God or eating healthy. As soon as I stop being diligent about making sure that I am eating right and planning ahead I fall, and boy does it hurt.


     I have fallen down very badly indeed recently. I have fallen back on what has been familiar to me my whole life. You see, I stopped watching the road and ended up on a side street. I thought that I was watching the road but I had gotten arrogant. Arrogance is always my downfall. 


     Now here I am, feeling bad and so very sad from the food that I have eaten and the loved ones that I have lost lately. Please pray for my family as we heal from are losses and work at turning our eating back around again. I am learning to lean on God and not on my own understanding, in all my ways to acknowledge Him and that He will make my paths straight. May you learn these lessons without having to go through such a time as this and may God bless you and your family in the upcoming new year.


Words of inspiration:


 
And

undefined





No comments:

Post a Comment