Monday, April 8, 2013

Marinated Mushrooms



     Have you ever had marinated mushrooms? If not, then let me tell you that they are super yummy! I have made them before to take to get togethers and such but having switched to a raw food diet I thought that marinated mushroom happiness was a thing of the past. As I have learned while researching recipes for other raw food recipes, there is a way to turn almost any cooked dish into a raw dish. To my delight marinated mushrooms was no exception.


     These mushrooms are super easy to make and totally yummy. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! What is one of your favorite raw food appetizers?





Marinated Mushrooms



6-8 c. Cremini mushrooms
 
Marinated in:
   Soy sauce
   Toasted sesame seed oil
   Olive oil and/or water
   Ginger, optional  
   Garlic, optional
 
Marinate for 1-3 days.
 

Filling for 6-8 c. mushrooms
   1-1 ½ c. soaked sunflower seeds
   1-1 ½ c. soaked almonds
   ¼ - ½ c. parsley, fresh or dried
   2-4 T. tarragon, fresh or dried
   1-2 T. thyme, fresh or dried
   1 clove garlic
    Juice of ½ of a lemon
   1 – 1 ½ zucchini
   ½ - ¾ c. of the marinated mushrooms 


 Blend all of the stuffing ingredients in a food processor until blended well. Fill the mushrooms with the filling and serve immediately. Enjoy!






Words of inspiration:
 

 








 




No comments:

Post a Comment